Alexey Klokov is a hereditary painter, a member of the Creative Union of artists of Russia.His perception of the world and the trajectory of life were formed due to Anatoly Timofeevich Zverev. This extraordinary man and talented artist was the Alexey’s first teacher to open up before him an infinite universe of art where the present and the past, the order and the freedom, the freethinking and the determination are interwoven. Being an innovator and a rebel in his nature, Anatoly Zverev carried along young Alexey into the world of avant-garde combining all the palette of genres and styles.Alexey has got professional education, already after the death of his genial mentor, in a Leningrad Higher School of Art and Industry. The internship in restoration workshops in Hermitage and Tretyakov Gallery became a momentous period when he was lucky to be literally in touch with the greatest masterpieces of Picasso, Matisse, Gauguin, Renoir, Van Gogh, Malevich, Kandinsky and others, learning from them “without words”.It was this period of his life that affected the search for his own genre of painting which later was successfully embodied in his unique style based on harmonic synthesis of impressionism, fauvism, cubism, expressionism, and abstractionism.Upon finishing the internship, Alexey makes an unexpected choice for the young painter and immerses into iconography moving away from the worldly life. Here, he learned the secrets of gilding and drawing by cognizing from inside not only the matter of iconography but also the deepest power of Divine providence embodied in the image. His mastership and his soul improved in solitude and humility. Finally, following four years, he comes to build his own unique artistic world.The deep internal organization and multi-faceted perception of the surrounding world allowed him to create outstanding compositions with expression and philosophical meaning. His style of painting is easily recognizable and unique. His especial avant-garde esthetics, open color and arch-pasty brush, is noted for virtuous technique. Laconic in line and color, Alexey Klokov narrates about beauty and harmony of the world and man’s seeking where the prime role belongs to the highest spiritual values, i.e. faith, hope and love…
- 1991 Graduated from Muchina Art Institute
- 1991-1994 Internship in Hermitage and Tretyakov Gallery
- 1993-1998 Lived and worked in the monasteries restoring icons
- 1998-2000 Lived and worked in Japan
- 2000-2008 Lived and worked in Russia
- 2008-2011 Lived and worked in Great Britain
- 2011 returned to Russia. Became a member of Creative Artist Union
- 1998 – Central Art House, Moscow
- 2001 – Academy of Diplomacy, Ministry of internal Affairs, Moscow.
- 2001 – Central Art House, Moscow
- 2002 – Russian Embassy Tokyo, Japan
- 2003 – Art Tower Mito, Mito, Japan
- 2004 – Russian Cultural Fund, Moscow.
- 2006 – Russian Duma, Moscow, Russia
- 2007 – Russian Center of Science and Culture, Vienna, Austria
- 2008 – Gallery«Kulturkreis Wien», Viena, Austria
- 2009 – Russian Embassy, London, Great Great Britain
- 2010 – Jewelry House «Chatila», London, Great Britain.
- 2010 – «BSI group» London, Great Britain.
- 2011 – Gallery «Harrods», London, Great Britain.
Personal exhibitions of Alexey Klokov:
- 1998 – Central House of Artists, Moscow.
- 1999-2001 – Permanent exhibitions in the “President-Hotel”, Moscow.
- 2001 – Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, Moscow.
- 2001 – Central House of Artists, Moscow.
- 2002 – Russian Embassy, Tokyo, Japan.
- 2003 – Art Tower Mito, Mito, Japan.
- 2004 – Gallery “Ardena”, Moscow.
- 2004 – Russian Foundation of Culture, Moscow.
- 2004 – Council of the Federation of the Federal Assembly of Russia, Moscow.
- 2006 – State Duma of Russia, Moscow.
- 2007 – Russian Centre of Science and Culture, Vienne, Austria.
- 2008 – Gallery “Kulturkreis Wien” with the support of Russian Embassy, Vienne, Austria.
- 2009 – Russian Embassy, London, UK.
- 2011 – Gallery «Harrods», London, UK.
- 2012 – Gallery «Harrods», London, UK.
On the worldwide scale, Alexey Klokov’s paintings are contained in the collections of S.Berlusconi, of N.Nazarbaev, in the family of T.Blair, of C.Rice, of M.Albright, H.Clinton and of B.Jordan, Q.Tarantino, E.Kusturica, P.Swayze, P.Rabanne, V.Fetisov and many others.